Saturday, May 3, 2008

Poems

There have been a couple poems that say exactly how I feel and I think that they say it best!! They were read at the girls' memorial service. This one and the one below (Do you know how hard it is?)

My Little Angel’s
I felt your presence there inside of me
Nestled soft and warm;
Sweet scent of baby’s breath
Precious words left unadorned

I saw your tiny heartbeats
Then I knew that you were fine
For the precious life of you two
Two that would be just mine

Then that tragic day came
There was nothing I could do
Only wait and hope
For the precious life of you two

Yes, in the beginning
Your daddy was afraid
Only he could love you unconditional
And never run away

He loved you more, this I do know
As he cried for you that day
When the doctor said 'bothe were gone'
Daddy wanted you both to stay

He would have held you close to him
And see you perfect form
A gift of daddy’s love
Would have kept you safe and warm

Only now you are angels over us
Beautiful and bare
My heart would hurt if either of you cried for me
And mommy was not there

Rest gentle now sweet babies, there is no pain
You are never alone
I know that you are with the guiding angels
In your peaceful home

I will come with you someday
Only now is not my time
Then we will be together again
Again you will be mine.

2 comments:

Courtney said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Courtney said...

That is a really beautiful poem Kel. And I just want you to know that I think you are so very strong and faithful going through all of this. You are such a wonderful woman and someday I am sure God will give you a beautiful family of 4 with the rest of the family of 6 watching over you!
~Courtney