Wednesday, May 7, 2008

My prayer

Lord,
I need your support and help today. Please wrap you arms around me and give me strength. I know that you have seen me through good and bad. Today is the bad, again. Oh how I miss my little girls! **tear**I hope they are doing well with you. Is it so bad that I am being so selfish? I think back when we found out that we were haveing twins and I though ' God, there are so many people out there that cannot concieve. Why are you giving us two?!?!' There were days when I woundered why you would do this to us. I am sorry I doubted your plan. I now see that you gave us those two girls because we had twice the love to give to our baby. We so wanted a baby and we were just bursting with love to give, more than enough love for two!
But now they are gone to heaven with you, and again I wonder 'You blessed us with these little girls and then you took them away. Why would you want such an aweful thing to happen?' I am sorry Lord, but I am still in that place. People say that they went to heaven so they wouldn't have to deal with the burdens that come with a life here on earth. I wanted to be their mom that helped them get through whatever burdens may have come their way. I wanted to put ponytails in their hair so they would match. I wanted to have family pictures done with all four of us in matching clothes! But no. You decided that they needed to be with you instead. I am sorry Lord but I just want them back. I want them back so badly.
Please take care of them and tell them that mommy and daddy will be with them eventually. Tell them that we miss them and we think about them ever hour! Amen.

2 comments:

Kate @ When Hello Means Goodbye said...

Oh Kellie, that was a beautiful prayer, I have said some very similar to that(besides the ponytail part!). Give it to God, He can take it! It is so hard to think of what could have been, but we just need to hold tight to the memories of them that we do have. Take care!
~Katie

Unknown said...

Kellie,

I have asked God "WHY????" so many times. And not just about my granddaughters, but with so many other things that have happened in my life. Sometimes I find out and sometimes I don't. It can be very frustrating. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you are going through, but please know I hurt too. I hurt because you are hurting and as your mom, I want to make it better. I love you and Mike so much and it hurts so bad to see you guys in such pain. And I hurt because I miss my granddaughters.

I pray for you and Mike everynight. And I pray for the girls as well. I know someday, we will all get to see them in heaven, but our selfish side wants to have them here with us right now. Remember that our time here on earth is just a blink of the eye compared to the time we will spend in heaven.

You will be a mommy some day and I know you and Mike will be awesome parents. You will get to make ponytails and have family pictures taken with matching outfits. Please don't give up hope! And know that Leah and Maya will always be my first granddaughters. They will live on in my prayers and my thoughts, just as they will in yours!

All my love! Mom