Saturday, May 3, 2008

I miss them

In setting this blog up I feel compeled to talk about the girls and how terribly we miss them. Mike and I were all set up, mentally, to be a family of four. Going from that mindset to 'back to two' is very hard. We wish every day to be a family of four again . Maybe someday.
For those of you who don't know Maya and Leah passed away on Saturday, April 5, 2008 at 24 weeks old. I delivered them at 4:00 in the morning in a very serene and peaceful setting. Just me, Mike, our nurse, and good friend, Kim, and our doctor. They were beautiful.
Through we didn't know why they passed away at the ultrasound the previous day, we found out after they were born that they shared an umbilical cord. The girls are our medical miracle. The doctors had never seen twin babies get so far along and share a cord.
Through we didn't get to keep the girls, we know that they are watching over us and guiding us through every day. We miss them and wish they were still here but know that God is taking good care of them.

1 comment:

B's Mom said...

I lost my daughter on March 5th at 20 weeks. Our due dates must have been very close. I'm so sorry for your loss.