Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Random thoughts of the day

-As the blueberry season comes to a close, I can't help but be greatful for the bountiful harvest that God has bestowed upon us. We had a great seaon. All the rain and storms that we had in June really helped make the berries bigger and we were blessed with no late frosting. Every thing seemed to go good. (If you could not tell, I am really trying to be more optomistic about things! With everything bad that had happened, I am trying to look through the storm and see the good that has happened!!!)
-But, with the season ending that also means that summer is coming to a close. Bummer. I know that we still have a couple months with fair weather (it's not like it's going to snow next month or anything) but fall sports have started and school is starting soon,...It just seems like I have had my eyes shut for the past couple months and I am now opening them and wondering what the heck happend. Where did the summer go?!?! I want it back!!!!
- Along with that thought, Daisey is getting so big! She now weighs 21lbs. (about 3 times as much as when we first got her) I was looking at the post with her pics on it when we first got her and wondering where the time went?!?!! That was only a little over a month ago! I use to be able to pick her up and hold her like a little baby and she would fall asleep in my arms. Now I can bearly pick her up and when I do she's all wiggly and jumpy.
- I will end this post with a ...ummm.. poem I guess you could call it. I look at it every day (because it is right in front of me when I am on the computer).

"Love is life's most beautiful mystery.
It often comes as a surprise, filling the heart with sudden joy.
Selfless and giving, love places the happiness of another before one's own.
It inspires with it's passion,
Nurtures with it's generosity,
And enriches with it's spirit.
There is no limit to it's magic.
Love is eternal."

I love you Leah and Maya. Mommy and Daddy miss you very much. Amen.

1 comment:

Nick and Kristi Bonstell said...

Kelli - you have amazed me with your strength and you are a true inspiration to other people. The poem is so true. Keep believing!